People around you make you depressed. There are thousands of people who take antidepressants. And think about the number of divorce cases arising out of unhappy marriages. Most of the people are unhappy because they have not attained what they want. Material wealth, awards, high positions they all bring you transitory happiness.
Some tips to give you a dose of happiness
First and foremost, prepare your mind and body to enjoy the ‘JOY’ of happiness. Happiness is the ‘nectar’ desired by all but found by some and enjoyed by very few. Those people who are grumbling all the time hardly notice the presence of ‘happy moments’ in their lives. These people have such slippery souls that the ahaat of good moments just slip away unnoticed.
Here’s what you should do:
- Love yourself: Happiness is inside you, so if you have low self-esteem it is hard to feel happy. You can’t have a meaningful relationship with others if you are not happy with your own self.
- Find a purpose: You need to find a purpose, for which you live for. When you have a purpose, life is more meaningful.
- Learn to let go: In order to be happy you must let go of your negative thoughts and beliefs. Letting go of previous hurts; letting go of things which are beyond your control;
letting go of your negative emotions and letting go of your attachment to your desires.
- Live in the moment: Today is what matters. Always say to yourself, “Just for today I will be happy.” Do whatever you are doing right now, as if it was the most important task in the world. You don’t worry about the future, neither you do complain about what is past. You see things as they are. The most important moment is the here and now.
- Smile often: Laugh wholeheartedly. Remind yourself to put on a smile every day by choosing to think happy thoughts.
- Connect with happy people: Mix and mingle with happy people. Negativity attracts negativity, while happiness will attract happiness. Reduce interactions with friends who think negatively.
- Always be looking up: Happy people never buckle under pressure. Adversities make them stronger. “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an opportunist sees the opportunity in every difficulty,” Winston Churchill said.
- Take responsibility: Donʼt allow others to take decisions for you. Take responsibility by seeking information on how best you can make a decision for yourself.
- Serve others: You must give in order to receive. We are all here to serve others. It is a universal law in the flow of energy. Energy needs to circulate. To allow more happiness
in, send more happiness out.
Happiness is not something owed to anybody in the world. Nobody is handed joy on a platter. Instead, you make your own happiness. Happiness is an attitude. It is habit gained from daily experience. The only way to happiness is to keep your heart free from hate and mind from worry. Expect little from others, give much to the world and live simply. Fill your life with affection, love and good words.
as published in womens era magazine
image credit – http://www.theminimalists.com/
When Rajnikant was studying in 3rd std….some1 stole his rough note….&
Now they call it as ………….Wikipedia
When Rajnikant was a Student¦!!!
Teachers use to Bunk the classes!!!
Rajnikant started college. All students were confused while taking admission because name of college is
“Rajnikant’s Medical College of Engineering for Commerce”.
THE MOST NEGLECTED FACT OF THE ENTIRE DECADE!!!!
Sachin Tendulkar’s mothers name is RAJNI Tendulkar
And his coach’s name is ramaKANT
Is there a need to say anything beyond this???
Rajinikant got 150 questions in exam paper asking – “Solve any 100 questions”
He solved all 150 and wrote, ” Rascalla!, CHECK ANY 100!”
One day Rajani thought to play cricket in monsoon and rain stopped due to play.
Rajnikanth’s next project is the Titanic in Tamil. However, Rajni has twisted the climax. Both the lead actors survive. Rajni swims across the Atlantic Ocean with the heroine in one hand and… The Titanic in the other
“Who says the world will be destroyed in Dec 2012..Rajnikant just bought a Laptop with three years warranty”
Rajni can walk faster than light.
“Rajni cannot be created or destroyed; it can only be changed from one form to another”.
Law of Conservation of Rajni
All scientists failed to answer this but rajnikanth did…
Ques: Which liquid turns solid on heating?
Ans: Dosa… mind it!!!
Once a photo of Rajnikant was given for Xerox. Don’t even try to guess what happened.
We got two copies of the Xerox machine.
Once upon a time
Rajnikant used Tooth Powder to get strong teeth
today that powder is known as
This is a video of Earth as seen from ISS Expeditions 28 & 29, 2011. A truly fascinating view of our planet that most of us will never view in person. Enjoy
Time lapse sequences of photographs taken by Ron Garan, Satoshi Furukawa and the crew of expeditions 28 & 29 onboard the International Space Station from August to October, 2011, who to my knowledge shot these pictures at an altitude of around 350 km.
Image Courtesy of the Image Science & Analysis Laboratory,
NASA Johnson Space Center, The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth
Editing: Michael König | koenigm.com
Shooting locations in order of appearance:
1. Aurora Borealis Pass over the United States at Night
2. Aurora Borealis and eastern United States at Night
3. Aurora Australis from Madagascar to southwest of Australia
4. Aurora Australis south of Australia
5. Northwest coast of United States to Central South America at Night
6. Aurora Australis from the Southern to the Northern Pacific Ocean
7. Halfway around the World
8. Night Pass over Central Africa and the Middle East
9. Evening Pass over the Sahara Desert and the Middle East
10. Pass over Canada and Central United States at Night
11. Pass over Southern California to Hudson Bay
12. Islands in the Philippine Sea at Night
13. Pass over Eastern Asia to Philippine Sea and Guam
14. Views of the Mideast at Night
15. Night Pass over Mediterranean Sea
16. Aurora Borealis and the United States at Night
17. Aurora Australis over Indian Ocean
18. Eastern Europe to Southeastern Asia at Night
video source:- vimeo.com/32001208
- Here’s Wishing A Very Happy Diwali And A Prosperous New Year To You And Yours.
- May The Festival Of Lights Brighten You And Your Family With Health, Peace, Prosperity And Good Fortune – Happy Diwali.
- May This Diwali Bring Joy, Health And Wealth To U. Brighten Up Ur Near And Dear Ones Lives.bring In U The Brightest Happiness And Luv U Have Ever Wished For….
- With Lights Dazzling, With Love Flushing Around By Your Loved Ones, With Loads Of Fun And Joy, And With Our Loving Wishes Sparkling Diwali
- Hope This Day Will Be: D-elightful, I-mmaculate, W-onderful, A-mazing, L-asting, I-ncredible For U. Happy Diwali
- Light A Lamp Of Love! Blast A Chain Of Sorrow! Shoot A Rocket Of Prosperity! Fire A Flowerpot Of Happiness! Wish U And Your Family Sparkling Diwali.
NASA PREPARING FOR OUTSIDE THREAT, BUT FOR WHAT? COMET ELENIN or SOMETHING ELSE? On June 10 2011 NASA Administrator Charles Bolden sent out a warning to all personnel to prepare themselves for some kind of disaster or outside threat. This warning comes coincidentally as COMET ELENIN believed to be under some kind of intelligent control continues on it’s path towards earth due to make it’s closest alignment or worse, this fall in August and September. It is believed that ELENIN may be playing a major part in the sudden exceleration in the recent spade of earthquakes,tsunamis, tornadoes ,volcanic eruptions, floods and the ever growing list of historical natural disasters that are plaguing the planet at this current time.
‘How many times would have Anna Hazare watched the movie Hindustani?’ is what one is left to wonder with the whole turn out of events. It looks like our National Indian tha tha Annaji has followed the footsteps of our own Indian tha tha ‘Senapathy’ – a role played compellingly by Actor Kamal Haasan in the Tamil original ‘Indian’.
For once the reel character has become the real character and for a relief has intentionally helped benefit the society at large. Whether Kamal haasan or Director Shankar intended for something like this to happen or not but the whole renovation of the anti-corruption ombudsman (Lok pal) bill that was 1st mentioned during early 60’s has taken form in exactly the way paved by actor kamal haasan in his thought awakening concept of doing away with those who have done away with values is quite a thought to dwell on.
Little would have Kamal haasan realised, that him uprooting the evils of the society who practice corruption would actually become the focal point in creating the Lokpal Bill. For Kamal Haasan, it should be a great moment now to be proud of to see his dream finally realise and materialise after 15 years. A Dream to see a corruption free India! A Dream that every Indian could till now only dream of.
Every great moment starts but with one man. It was by senapathy in 1996 and the reincarnation of senapathy Anna Hazare in 2011! What assures us is the fact is that every great idea of good intention can hold ground and bloom even if it is after 15 years. Kudos to Kamal haasan !!
For your education if you do not know this —- See how Lokpal Bill can curb the politicians. Spread the message to create awareness
System Proposed by civil society
No politician or senior officer ever goes to jail despite huge evidence because Anti Corruption Branch (ACB) and CBI directly come under the government. Before starting investigation or initiating prosecution in any case, they have to take permission from the same bosses, against whom the case has to be investigated.
Lokpal at centre and Lokayukta at state level will be independent bodies. ACB and CBI will be merged into these bodies. They will have power to initiate investigations and pro! secution against any officer or politician without needing anyone⳦nbsp;permission. Investigation should be completed within 1 year and trial to get over in next 1 year. Within two years, the corrupt should go to jail.
No corrupt officer is dismissed from the job because Central Vigilance Commission, which is supposed to dismiss corrupt officers, is only an advisory body. Whenever it advises government to dismiss any senior corrupt officer, its advice is never implemented.
Lokpal and Lokayukta will have complete powers to order dismissal of a corrupt officer. CVC and all departmental vigilance will be merged into Lokpal and state vigi! lance will be merged into Lokayukta.
No action is taken against corrupt judges because permission is required from the Chief Justice of India to even register an FIR against corrupt judges.
Lokpal & Lokayukta shall have powers to investigate and prosecute any judge without needing anyone⳦nbsp;permission.
Nowhere to go – People expose corruption but no action is taken on their complaints.
Lokpal & Lokayukta will have to enquire into and hear every complaint.
There is so much corruption within CBI and vigilance departments. Their functioning is so secret that it encourages corruption within these agencies.
All investigations in Lokpal & Lokayukta shall be transparent. After completion of investigation, all case records shall be open to public. Complaint against any st! aff of Lokpal & Lokayukta shall be enquired and punishment announced within two months.
Weak and corrupt people are appointed as heads of anti-corruption agencies.
Politicians will have absolutely no say in selections of Chairperson and members of Lokpal & Lokayukta. Selections will take place through a transparent and public participatory process.
Citizens face harassment in government offices. Sometimes they are forced to pay bribes. One can only complaint to senior officers. No action is taken on complaints because senior officers also get their cut.
Lokpal & Lokayukta will get public grievances resolved in time bound manner, impose a penalty of Rs 250 per day of delay to be deducted from the salary of guilty officer and award that amount as compensation to the aggrieved citizen.
Nothing in law to recover ill gotten wealth. A corrupt person can come! out of jail and enjoy that money.
Loss caused to the government due to corruption will be recoveredfrom all accused.
Small punishment for corruption- Punishment for corruption is minimum 6 months and maximum 7 years.
Enhanced punishment - The punishment would be minimum 5 years and maximum of life imprisonment.
Move over, alfa males. Being No.2 is better, scientists say.
A new study on baboons has found that alpha males, or those at the pinnacle of the social hierarchy, tend to have high stress levels than beta males — the nice guys who are placed second.
The Princeton University study contrasts with earlier findings that stress levels tend to drop the higher you ascend on the social ladder.
It also suggests that being top of the pile has a big downside too, The New York Times reported.
For their study, published in the journal Science, the researchers looked at 125 male baboons living in five social groups over a nineyear period in Amboseli, Kenya.
They measured their stress hormone levels by analysing 4,500 fecal samples and found that alpha males had very high stress hormone levels, just as high as those of the lowest ranking males.
The stress, according to the researchers, was probably because of the demands of fighting off challengers and guarding access to fertile females.
Beta males, who fought less and had considerably less mate guarding to do, had much lo wer stress levels. They had fewer mating opportunities than the alphas, but they did get some mating in, more than any lower-ranking males.
The research is both impressive and surprising, said Robert Sapolsky of Stanford, a neurobiologist who carried out groundbreaking studies on stress in baboons, and was not involved in the new study.
“What’s cool about this paper is that being an alpha and being a beta are very different experiences physiologically,” Dr Sapolsky said.
Levels of stress are important partly because of the health effects of stress hormones. In the short term, in immediate fight-or-flight situations, the hormones work to energise the individual.
MS Dhoni and co. beat Bangalore by 58 runs to win their second straight IPL title.
Chasing 206 to win, Ashwin delivered a body blow to RCB’s title aspirations when he got the big fish Chris Gayle for a naught in the first over. MS Dhoni’s move to open the attack with the off-spinner struck more gold as he followed Gayle’s wicket with Mayank Aggarwal’s in his second over to put the CSK right on top.
Chennai bowlers then restricted Bangalore to a paltry 147/8 and romped home by the big margin. It was an icing on the cake for CSK skipper Dhoni after the historic World Cup triumph last month.
Regular fall of wickets sent half the RCB side back in the dug-out after 10 overs, making it the most lopsided of the four IPL finals so far. Shadab Jakati (2/21) bowled well in tandem with Ashwin to pick up his two wickets.