Good luck charms could add that missing magic to your home. Your home is sacred to you; so make it auspicious by bringing positive energy into your home. If things are not working out for you professionally, then a good luck thing may just help. If you are having problems within the family then good luck objects might turn out to be your good omen. No matter how scientifically inclined we become, no one can deny that there is an element of ‘fortune’ to everything we do. Good luck things promise to nurture that element of good fortune in our lives. There are many types of good luck charms that serve different purposes. Let us take a look at a few.
This good luck object belongs to the famous family of Feng Shui articles. They a kind of improvised bells which are Chinese in origin. They are hung from windows or doors so that whenever there is a breeze, they make a chiming sound. This sweet tinkling sound is supposed to keep bad vibes at bay and cultivate positive energy at home. Wind chimes are beautiful good luck things and the sound they make is very pleasing, so even without the aspect of luck they can complement your home decor well.
You must have seen the cute, cuddly Chinese Buddha’s in many homes. These Feng Shui good luck objects will bring wealth, prosperity or happiness into your home depending on which type of Laughing Buddha you are using. A Laughing Buddha should always be kept facing the door so that as soon as you enter, you see the adorable smile and break into a smile yourself! One more thing, it has to be gifted to you; you can’t but it!
Having living fish in your house is good for concentration. Fish, apart from being colorful and interesting to look at are a very potent source of positive energy at home. Observing the movement of the fish is pleasant to the eye and helps your mind focus on important issues.
The Money Plant
One of the oldest members of the lucky plants fraternity, they are grown in a water medium like a jug of water. These plants are abundantly available and grow very quickly. A common mistake people make is to hang money plants from a height as they are beautiful creepers. The shoot of a money plant must always point upwards and only then it brings wealth to the house.
It is believed that if you have a source of flowing water in your house it ensures that you have positive energy at home. Water is the eternal source of life that washes away everything. Flowing water will wash away resentment, grudges, misunderstandings which exist in the family. It can be in the form of a fountain, a waterfall or any other show piece.
The horseshoe is considered very lucky and used to be hung in many homes to protect and attract good fortune for the family residing inside. Many believe that to hang it with the ends pointing upwards is good luck as it acts as a storage container of sorts for any good luck. Others believe that no matter which way you hang the horseshoe, good luck will come.
The Four Leaf Clover
This famously lucky plants hail from the U.S. They are tiny clover plants that miraculously have just four leaves. It scientifically is a mutant variety of the normal clover that is exceptionally rare. The references to this good luck for home plant hark back to the seventeenth century when it was said that, if you accidentally find a four leaf clover, then something good is about to happen to you.
The Lucky Bamboo Plants
These home plants are made in China and have become a rage in India these days. It has become a household name and is considered great Feng Shui for homes. The lucky bamboo plant is basically a bundle of four green bamboo shoots tied together with a red ribbon. It stands for solidarity and oneness in the family. As a good luck plant it is supposed to keep the family together and the fact that makes exotic decoration is an added bonus.
A Hindu saint who was visiting river Ganges to take bath found a group of family members on the banks, shouting in anger at each other. He turned to his disciples smiled and asked.
‘Why do people shout in anger shout at each other?’
Disciples thought for a while, one of them said, ‘Because we lose our calm, we shout.’
‘But, why should you shout when the other person is just next to you? You can as well tell him what you have to say in a soft manner.’ asked the saint
Disciples gave some other answers but none satisfied the other disciples.
Finally the saint explained, ‘When two people are angry at each other, their hearts distance a lot. To cover that distance they must shout to be able to hear each other. The angrier they are, the stronger they will have to shout to hear each other to cover that great distance.
What happens when two people fall in love? They don’t shout at each other but talk softly, Because their hearts are very close. The distance between them is either nonexistent or very small…’
The saint continued, ‘When they love each other even more, what happens? They do not speak, only whisper and they get even closer to each other in their love. Finally they even need not whisper, they only look at each other and that’s all. That is how close two people are when they love each other.’
He looked at his disciples and said.
‘So when you argue do not let your hearts get distant, Do not say words that distance each other more, Or else there will come a day when the distance is so great that you will not find the path to return.’
source:- email message.
Finally 2012 is upon us (almost) and we will know for sure whether we, humans, will exist at the end of the year or not. Prophecies and predictions apart, 2012 promises to be a exciting year with lots and lots of changes in store – some good and some bad and some that has the potential to become super bad.
Topping the Super Bad list would obviously be the scary end of human civilization conspiracy theory. But then again, we will know only around Dec 21st, 2012. So there is plenty of time to argue, debate and fight.
Looking back at 2011, it has been a fabulous year of sorts with highs and lows. Everything that has a happy ending always has something opposite. So here are some of the Highs and Lows of 2011 that happened in India and tried to shape/influence the average Indian Citizen.
Some of the Lows of 2011 in India
- the obvious choice would be the the insanely comical ignorance of Social Media by the UPA Government (aka) #Idiotkapilsibal
- Restriction of or at-least trying to Censor Internet and Free Speech.
- 2G Scam and mammoth proportion of it.
- Death of Sathya Sai Baba, MF Hussain and Steve Jobs.
- FDI dhamaka and the shortsightedness of our politicians – ruling and opposition.
- Japan’s earthquake/tsunami tragedy and Sikkim earthquake.
Some of the Highs of 2011 in India
- India winning the World Cup – this surely has to be the obvious choice. After 28 years of waiting, this is a dream come true.
- Rise of Anti-Politician and Rise of Anna Hazare – The people of India truly came alive after a frail old man took the fight to the parliament. Tired of corrupt, incompetent politicos year after year, election after election, the common man found a leader in Anna Hazare and truly made their frustrations known in one form or the other.
- Chennai are the Super Kings of IPL-4 for the 2nd time.
- Death of Osama Bin Laden.
- Arab revolution
- Rise of Amma and downfall of Appa as we prefer to call it down south!
- Prosecution of those accused in 2G scam – while this is not yet over at-least a step in the right direction has been taken. in 2012 we will know if this remains a high or becomes yet another low in our effort to fight corruption and crime.
In the meantime Wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
People around you make you depressed. There are thousands of people who take antidepressants. And think about the number of divorce cases arising out of unhappy marriages. Most of the people are unhappy because they have not attained what they want. Material wealth, awards, high positions they all bring you transitory happiness.
Some tips to give you a dose of happiness
First and foremost, prepare your mind and body to enjoy the ‘JOY’ of happiness. Happiness is the ‘nectar’ desired by all but found by some and enjoyed by very few. Those people who are grumbling all the time hardly notice the presence of ‘happy moments’ in their lives. These people have such slippery souls that the ahaat of good moments just slip away unnoticed.
Here’s what you should do:
- Love yourself: Happiness is inside you, so if you have low self-esteem it is hard to feel happy. You can’t have a meaningful relationship with others if you are not happy with your own self.
- Find a purpose: You need to find a purpose, for which you live for. When you have a purpose, life is more meaningful.
- Learn to let go: In order to be happy you must let go of your negative thoughts and beliefs. Letting go of previous hurts; letting go of things which are beyond your control;
letting go of your negative emotions and letting go of your attachment to your desires.
- Live in the moment: Today is what matters. Always say to yourself, “Just for today I will be happy.” Do whatever you are doing right now, as if it was the most important task in the world. You don’t worry about the future, neither you do complain about what is past. You see things as they are. The most important moment is the here and now.
- Smile often: Laugh wholeheartedly. Remind yourself to put on a smile every day by choosing to think happy thoughts.
- Connect with happy people: Mix and mingle with happy people. Negativity attracts negativity, while happiness will attract happiness. Reduce interactions with friends who think negatively.
- Always be looking up: Happy people never buckle under pressure. Adversities make them stronger. “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an opportunist sees the opportunity in every difficulty,” Winston Churchill said.
- Take responsibility: Donʼt allow others to take decisions for you. Take responsibility by seeking information on how best you can make a decision for yourself.
- Serve others: You must give in order to receive. We are all here to serve others. It is a universal law in the flow of energy. Energy needs to circulate. To allow more happiness
in, send more happiness out.
Happiness is not something owed to anybody in the world. Nobody is handed joy on a platter. Instead, you make your own happiness. Happiness is an attitude. It is habit gained from daily experience. The only way to happiness is to keep your heart free from hate and mind from worry. Expect little from others, give much to the world and live simply. Fill your life with affection, love and good words.
as published in womens era magazine
image credit – http://www.theminimalists.com/
When Rajnikant was studying in 3rd std….some1 stole his rough note….&
Now they call it as ………….Wikipedia
When Rajnikant was a Student¦!!!
Teachers use to Bunk the classes!!!
Rajnikant started college. All students were confused while taking admission because name of college is
“Rajnikant’s Medical College of Engineering for Commerce”.
THE MOST NEGLECTED FACT OF THE ENTIRE DECADE!!!!
Sachin Tendulkar’s mothers name is RAJNI Tendulkar
And his coach’s name is ramaKANT
Is there a need to say anything beyond this???
Rajinikant got 150 questions in exam paper asking – “Solve any 100 questions”
He solved all 150 and wrote, ” Rascalla!, CHECK ANY 100!”
One day Rajani thought to play cricket in monsoon and rain stopped due to play.
Rajnikanth’s next project is the Titanic in Tamil. However, Rajni has twisted the climax. Both the lead actors survive. Rajni swims across the Atlantic Ocean with the heroine in one hand and… The Titanic in the other
“Who says the world will be destroyed in Dec 2012..Rajnikant just bought a Laptop with three years warranty”
Rajni can walk faster than light.
“Rajni cannot be created or destroyed; it can only be changed from one form to another”.
Law of Conservation of Rajni
All scientists failed to answer this but rajnikanth did…
Ques: Which liquid turns solid on heating?
Ans: Dosa… mind it!!!
Once a photo of Rajnikant was given for Xerox. Don’t even try to guess what happened.
We got two copies of the Xerox machine.
Once upon a time
Rajnikant used Tooth Powder to get strong teeth
today that powder is known as
This is a video of Earth as seen from ISS Expeditions 28 & 29, 2011. A truly fascinating view of our planet that most of us will never view in person. Enjoy
Time lapse sequences of photographs taken by Ron Garan, Satoshi Furukawa and the crew of expeditions 28 & 29 onboard the International Space Station from August to October, 2011, who to my knowledge shot these pictures at an altitude of around 350 km.
Image Courtesy of the Image Science & Analysis Laboratory,
NASA Johnson Space Center, The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth
Editing: Michael König | koenigm.com
Shooting locations in order of appearance:
1. Aurora Borealis Pass over the United States at Night
2. Aurora Borealis and eastern United States at Night
3. Aurora Australis from Madagascar to southwest of Australia
4. Aurora Australis south of Australia
5. Northwest coast of United States to Central South America at Night
6. Aurora Australis from the Southern to the Northern Pacific Ocean
7. Halfway around the World
8. Night Pass over Central Africa and the Middle East
9. Evening Pass over the Sahara Desert and the Middle East
10. Pass over Canada and Central United States at Night
11. Pass over Southern California to Hudson Bay
12. Islands in the Philippine Sea at Night
13. Pass over Eastern Asia to Philippine Sea and Guam
14. Views of the Mideast at Night
15. Night Pass over Mediterranean Sea
16. Aurora Borealis and the United States at Night
17. Aurora Australis over Indian Ocean
18. Eastern Europe to Southeastern Asia at Night
video source:- vimeo.com/32001208
- Here’s Wishing A Very Happy Diwali And A Prosperous New Year To You And Yours.
- May The Festival Of Lights Brighten You And Your Family With Health, Peace, Prosperity And Good Fortune – Happy Diwali.
- May This Diwali Bring Joy, Health And Wealth To U. Brighten Up Ur Near And Dear Ones Lives.bring In U The Brightest Happiness And Luv U Have Ever Wished For….
- With Lights Dazzling, With Love Flushing Around By Your Loved Ones, With Loads Of Fun And Joy, And With Our Loving Wishes Sparkling Diwali
- Hope This Day Will Be: D-elightful, I-mmaculate, W-onderful, A-mazing, L-asting, I-ncredible For U. Happy Diwali
- Light A Lamp Of Love! Blast A Chain Of Sorrow! Shoot A Rocket Of Prosperity! Fire A Flowerpot Of Happiness! Wish U And Your Family Sparkling Diwali.
NASA PREPARING FOR OUTSIDE THREAT, BUT FOR WHAT? COMET ELENIN or SOMETHING ELSE? On June 10 2011 NASA Administrator Charles Bolden sent out a warning to all personnel to prepare themselves for some kind of disaster or outside threat. This warning comes coincidentally as COMET ELENIN believed to be under some kind of intelligent control continues on it’s path towards earth due to make it’s closest alignment or worse, this fall in August and September. It is believed that ELENIN may be playing a major part in the sudden exceleration in the recent spade of earthquakes,tsunamis, tornadoes ,volcanic eruptions, floods and the ever growing list of historical natural disasters that are plaguing the planet at this current time.