Luxe by SPI Cinemas is a cinema destination that breaks all conventions to deliver a bold, contemporary and chic cinema experience. Stylish, individualistic, creative and unapologetically fashionable, Luxe is where you want to be!
Luxe is home to 11 state-of-the-art screens equipped with the brilliance of RDX-4K to keep your eyes at ease and the latest in sound technology. This is supported by the incredibly comfortable seats which you won’t feel like getting out of. Amongst a host of features are a mezzanine restaurant that will leave your mouth watering and a view of the grand lobby with a larger than life video pillar, a cafe, a gaming zone where you can spend hours together and an elegant & relaxing spa to pamper you.
Carefully designed to give you a visually stimulating experience that is nothing short of spectacular, Luxe is the perfect harmony of creativity, style and comfort combined with the ultimate in cinema technology, guaranteed to escalate your movie-viewing experience to a place you never thought existed! This is the unique beauty of Luxe.
As Luxe opens its door to guests, they will be greeted by a breath taking space – truly fashionable, ritzy and extravagant. The mix of Italian Marble, Velvet Padded Walls, Crystal Chandeliers and Etched Glass assure a visually stunning experience. It is enriched with rich drapery that frames different elements within the spread.
Triple height ceilings sported with a mezzanine restaurant overlooking the grand lobby is unique to Luxe. The central lobby is home to a larger than life video pillar, consisting of 72 LCDs lodged together on four sides of a column, bringing content to life. This is the first of its kind in India.
The lobby gets its final touch of class & style with a Grand Piano housed on an elevated stage in the right hand corner, hooked to an automated iPod, adding to the ambience by playing music composed by the all-time greats!
To spoil our women customers, we have gone an extra mile. Seven exclusive washrooms, constantly serviced by a concierge engages, you to experience top of the line products from across the world.
Luxe is home to 11 state-of-the-art screens, a total of 2,688 seats. Each screen has been specially designed with stylishly comfortable seats, decor and lighting. Each screen though has its own unique design, theme and identity with a mix of different imported fabrics.
The combination of designer vinyl seats, and the mélange of colour make for a sensational ambience.
The screens are equipped with top of the line entertainment technology; including RDX-4K and RDX-3D technology, 2.4 gain Silver Screens and digital audio that delivers a stunning cinematic experience.
RDX-4K and RDX 3D
As with all our cinemas, Luxe also provides Real Digital Experience in 4K (RDX-4K). Watching movies in digital format means enhanced clarity, color, contrast and brightness by incorporating all DCI – screen management system standards. The movie looks and sounds exactly the way the filmmaker intended it every time it is projected.
All the screens come replete with Barco digital projectors with 4K resolution, the latest in digital technology. Hence the projection brings stunning images in enhanced 4K resolution (4,096 x 2,160), combined with ultimate brightness capable of delivering 33,000 lumens and vibrant colour-accuracy time after time.
All the cinemas are equipped with 3D and IMB (Integrated Media Block). IMB is a new technology, which comprises all the DCI specifications on improved security to prevent piracy and image processing.
The screens are equipped with 4 way QSC speakers with the world’s leading QSC DCP 300 processor to give high precision in all frequency ranges with parametric equalisation. These high quality equipment are tuned with standards of SMPTE to give maximum voice clarity, ultimately leaving you with an unparalleled audio experience.
Dolby Atmos, the latest in cinema sound is currently installed in one screen. The other screens are equipped for Dolby Atmos installation and will be updated shortly.
The overall interior design of Luxe was conceptualised by designer Giovanni Castor of Los Angeles design firm Castor Design. In the United States, Giovanni worked for many years with well-known design firms such as Remedios Siembieda formally known as Chhada Siembieda. He was also involved with various projects which include the prestigious Four Seasons, New York (1993) where he worked in collaboration with the noted Architect IM Pei.
Other projects include the Hacienda de San Antonio in Mexico, Guam Hilton; Hotel Rafael in Munich, Germany; Kobe Bay Sheraton, Japan; Hotel Bora Bora, French Polynesia for Adrian Zecha’s Arman Resorts.
He was also responsible for the interior design and project management of the L’Ermitage Beverly Hills, California with three Architecture, Inc; the Park Hyatt Taichung with Pei Cobb Freed, Grand Hyatt Mumbai with Lohan Associates and the Rangali Island Resort in Maldives.
SPI Cinemas has worked closely with Castor on a number of its projects, and his ability to conceptualise and design is nonpareil. He has a particular strength in these period designs—in particular, those that feature elaborate classical themes. Standing proof of his immense global exposure is Escape Cinemas.
Lighting is a huge part of Luxe’s theme. Los Angeles based lighting designer Babu Shankar of Integrated Lighting Design worked on the intricate lighting design. Shankar and ILD were primarily responsible for all of the decorative and thematic lighting within the project.
The key services offered over and above the standard cinema services are:
- Automated Ticketing kiosks – An entire wall at the grand lobby is dedicated to providing not only access to ticket purchase and retrieval, but also to screens that provide information about films, sessions and even about what Luxe has to offer.
- Retail Store – There is space located for a retail store in the main lobby. This concept store will be launched shortly.
- Spa – The spa at Luxe, Bliss, will be operated by the experts at Oryza, encouraging customers to indulge themselves in reflexology or other wonderful treatments in a relaxing atmosphere.
- Restaurant – Cafe de Luxe – Cafe de Luxe, is a beautiful space situated on the mezzanine of the grand lobby which features both dining and casual lounge seating. The space is designed, on one hand as a lounge to catch up with your friends and on the other hand to have a delicious full-service meal.
The menu has a variation of Indian, Italian and Chinese cuisine that can be accompanied with a whole range of our signature mocktails.
- 18 Below – SPI’s 18 Below will provide ice cream lovers a completely new experience with a range of out-of-the-world home made flavours, lip smacking toppings, and a Cold Stone. The products, right from the ice creams themselves to the toppings, are pure vegetarian. And here’s the best part: customers can create their own mix of flavours and toppings! Or if it strikes their fancy, they can even choose from a pre-defined list of mixes. All delicious, of course.
- Gaming Café – Luxe also features a casual café where guests can get great food and drink while enjoying time spent with their close ones. This space is located at the end of the Cinema lobby and is laid back – perfect for a lazy Sunday evening.
- Gaming – Adjacent to the café is a gaming space, set up for gamers of all ages to enjoy some time playing on the new-age gaming consoles while they wait to see their movie, or while parents enjoy a cup of tea or coffee.
2nd Floor, Phoenix Market City
Velachery Main Road
Chennai 600 042
Click to see full size pictures